Best Camping Cookware (Buying Guide)
Camping cookware is a necessary piece of kit for your campsite. These neat sets often have a folding or stackable design, and then clamp in, meaning you have a tidy, portable kitchen which you can carry with you on your back! The options of cookware can open your mind to the culinary possibilities in the great outdoors and can light a fire under you to get out there and go camping in style. Have a look at our top picks of camping stove, to make sure you have two pieces of kit that work well together.
To help you figure out what is the best camping cookware for you, we will separate our reviews into two groups: family or group cookware, and solo-cookware. Some solo-cookware options give you just about enough room to cook for two people, but if you’re going to be consistently cooking for more than just you on your camping trip, we would recommend having a look at our first three options.
Best Camping Cookware – Overview
For families and groups
1. Winterial Camping Cookware and Pot Set, 10 Piece Set for Camping, Backpacking, Hiking, Trekking
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Only 1.5lbs, this set is perfect for any backpacking adventure.
- COMPACT with CARRYING BAG: All of the pieces are stored together and extremely portable in their convenient carry.
- 10 PEICE SET: The pot, frying pan and tea kettle are made of solid and light aluminum oxide, which is high-temperature and friction-resistant. Making this set very durable.
- NON-STICK: Each piece has a non-stick teflon coating for easy cleaning and durability.
Camping cookware is a piece of kit where the benefits of the products are entirely relative to your needs, and the way in which you’re intending to use them. However, this is a great option for a group, especially if you’re looking for the best value for money. For a low price, you get a whopping 11 pieces with this set of camping cookware: 2 Qt. Large Pot and Lid, 1 Qt. Frying Pan, 1 Qt. Tea Kettle, Serving Ladle, 1 Personal Bowl, Serving Spoon / Spatula, Cleaning Sponge, and a convenient storage bag.
Seeing as the entire kit only weighs 1.5lbs, this set is perfect for any backpacking adventure, even if you’re looking to cook for multiple people. All of the pieces are stored together, with the convenient stackable design, and are extremely portable in their convenient carry bag.
When considering the number of elements this set offers you, and at the cheap price, it’s reasonable to assume they sacrifice on materials, right? Wrong! The pot, frying pan, and tea kettle are made of solid and light aluminum oxide, which is high-temperature and friction-resistant. Every piece of this set is also non-stick: they come with a non-stick Teflon coating for easy cleaning and durability.
This is a really important feature of camp cookware. Some options fail on their non-stick surface promise, leaving you with dishes that are really hard to clean in the outdoors, taking time away from the activities that you really want to be doing, like hiking or enjoying the surrounding nature.
All of the pieces of the set are made of lightweight aluminum oxide and have a Teflon coating, meaning they will hold up to the rigors of even the toughest backpacking trips. The lightweight aluminum oxide has a high thermal conductivity and the entire set is designed to handle high temperatures, very useful if you’re using a powerful camping stove, especially if you’re trying to boil water.
Even the handles are constructed to take the heat and will never melt or degrade during normal use: a very useful feature, as some handles, especially of the smaller models of camping cookware, tend to melt as the flame reaches up to meet them.
- Best value for money
- 11 piece set
- High thermal conductivity
- The spatula and ladle might be too short for comfort for some
- The non-stick isn’t the most durable
2. GSI Outdoors – Pinnacle Camper, 4 Person Camping Cook Set
- COOKING & MESS KIT: The Pinnacle Camper is a complete solution for cooking and eating while camping and backpacking; Its compact, nesting design can be configured for 2 or 4 people
- ALL IN ONE: Includes 4 plates, 4 insulated mugs and sip-it tops and sleeves, 4 bowls, 2L pot with strainer lid, 3L pot with strainer lid, fry pan, folding handle and stuff sack/wash basin
- NON-STICK COOKWARE: The durable, anodized aluminum pots and pan are coated with Teflon Radiance non-stick technology; Spiral turned base grips stove/grill arms securely
- DURABLE DISH SET: Plates, bowls and mugs made from durable Infinity Clear Polypropylene that’ll last for many adventures to come; Color-coded for each person
This unique nesting designed camping cookware can be configured to cook for either 2 or 4 people. It’s extremely compact, so the fact that you can use it to cook for a group is a real bonus. This could be a fantastic option for you if you’re going backpacking and hiking with a group and want to carry as little extra weight as possible.
Despite the fact that it nests and folds up really small, and weighs only 3.8 pounds in your backpack, this option offers you a large amount of cookware: 4 plates, 4 insulated mugs and sip-it tops and sleeves, 4 bowls, 2L pot with strainer lid, 3L pot with strainer lid, fry pan, folding handle and stuff sack and washbasin, making clean up a breeze. The plates, bowls, and mugs are made from durable Infinity Clear Polypropylene that’ll last for many adventures to come, and you can easily store and carry food in them with you too.
What makes this set perfect for families is that the bowls, plates, and cups are color-coded for each person. They have a chic design, with a rubber exterior of the cups, for example, which are fully stackable, and in 4 different chic colors. For family groups, this can personalize the approach of meals, as every member knows which color belongs to them. This is also a great feature if you’re looking to teach your family the number one rule of the great outdoors: leave it as you find it. Each family member can have the responsibility to clean all of their pieces of kit, making it a useful lesson, and making it easier for each member of the family.
This model is super durable: the durable, anodized aluminum pots and pan are coated with Teflon Radiance non-stick technology; the spiral turned base grips stove and grill arms securely; the folding, removable handle locks securely onto exterior brackets of pots and pan; and the crushproof, heat-resistant strainer lids and silicone rings won’t deform when packed. So although this is one of the more expensive models out there, it’s top of the market for materials, durability, and design.
- Can be used for groups up to 4
- Anodized aluminum pots and pan are coated with Teflon Radiance non-stick technology
- Plates bowls and mugs are color-coded for each member of your group
- Practical nesting design
- Only weighs 3.8 pounds
- Lids on the tableware sometimes are a bit flimsy
- Have been cases of it warping
3. Odoland 22pcs Camping Cookware Mess Kit, Large Size Hanging Pot Pan Kettle with Base Cook Set for 4
- Best Money Ever Spent: The 22 pieces camping cookware kit is perfect for 4 people. It includes 1 large size aluminum hanging pot + 1 aluminum non-stick pan + 1 kettle + 4 stainless steel dishes + 4 stainless steel cups (9.6 oz) + 4 spoons + 4 forks + 2 small size bags + 1 large size carry bag.
- Multi – Ways for Cooking: The large size pot can be hung over the fire or just put on open fire. All the pot pan and kettle can be not only used with gas tank but also firewood.
- Non – Stick & Incredibly Durable: Each piece has a non-stick Teflon coating for easy cleaning and durability. It conducts heat quickly and is a must-have survival gear that built to last for long time.
- Easy to Carry: Foldable handles on pot or stove can be folded to save space. Small size and portable, all the objects in this cooking set can be stored together in a mesh bag for convenient carry.
This set is perfect for those who want to cook seriously in the outdoors, and need multiple pieces of kit, probably for a large group of roughly 4 people. With this kit you get a whopping 22 different pieces: 1 large size aluminum hanging pot, 1 aluminum non-stick pan (with a lid, which is essential for many outdoors cooking needs such as baking), 1 kettle, 4 stainless steel dishes, 4 stainless steel cups (9.6 oz), 4 spoons, 4 forks, 2 small size bags, and 1 large size carry bag. All of the pieces fit together well, to help you save space. The foldable handles on the pan or stove can be folded to save space.
This set is also extremely versatile: you can use the pieces in multiple different ways. The large size pot can be hung over the fire or just put on an open fire, and the pot pan and kettle can be not only used with a gas tank but also firewood. This set is also really easy to carry: the foldable handles on pot or stove can be folded to save space. Small size and portable, all the objects in this cooking set can be stored together in a mesh bag for convenient carry.
Similarly to the last model, the cups in this cookware set are all different colors, meaning every member of your group or family can have their own assigned color. Even though there are so many pieces of kit in this cookware set, each piece is still high-quality. Each piece has a non-stick Teflon coating for easy cleaning and durability. It conducts heat quickly which is a must-have in survival gear that is built to last for a long time. It’s lightweight, easy to use and easy to clean, and is dishwasher safe.
- Great value for money
- Perfect for a family group
- Chic, elegant, colorful design
- Cups are slightly small
- Plates also too compact for some
Backpacker and single person camping cookware
4. Camping Equipment, Wuudi Outdoor Camping Pots And Pans Set 2PCS Camping Cookware
- INCREDIBLE VALUE-This two piece set (including the carry bag) is an incredible value for the money. You will get one Aluminum alloy pot,one Aluminum alloy bowls.It is perfect size for 1 youth scout or adult hiker backpacker.
- DURABLE,COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHT-- It is incredible easy to clean this set with the included loofah cleaning sponge. The entire set weighs only 224g which is very lightweight and this set is extremely east to store and is compact. This set is perfect for camping, backpacking, hiking, emergency preparedness, or as part of a survival kit.
- BACKPACKING NECESSITY--For the ourdoor activities who hikes, camps, you know that you need camping cookware. This set is perfect because of its small, compact size and incredible value. You are sure to love this camping cooking set. Both the pot and pan have folding handles for space saving and compactness.
- THE PERFECT GIFT FOR THE OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES --This awesome camping cooking set makes a great gift for your friend or family who loves hiking, camping and backpacking. This is an essential part of necessary equipment for every outdoor enthusiast out there.When the cookset is fitted together (with the lid on the pot) for travel and storage, it contai room to carry a stove, matches, seasoning, salt, pepper, a sponge and many other things to keep your overall space coumption to a minimum.
Cookware for people camping or backpacking on their own looks very different to those in groups. Where the first options would be ideal for family groups, or larger camping groups, who are going car camping and can easily store the cookware in there, these sets are more for personal trips. They often fold and stack into really convenient little clamped in little circular shapes, making them really easy to store in your backpack. Not only because they’re small and compact, but because this means you will always have your cookware stored in one little neat package, making it easier to find and use.
This is a great, cheap option for a solo camping cookware set. It’s cheap at only $13.99, but you get more than your money’s worth. It’s a simple package: just containing one aluminum pot and one aluminum bowl. Although you obviously won’t be able to make a gourmet meal with this kit, it provides you with all you will need to warm some food or boil some water to make a hot drink. The large pot holds enough food for two servings, and the smaller one could serve an oversized coffee cup. However, it doesn’t come with any cutlery, so you’ll have to purchase that yourself. Take a look at our complete buying guide for camping sporks, to get inspiration.
Another benefit of this model is that it’s incredibly easy to clean this set with the included loofah cleaning sponge. Also, the entire set weighs only 224g which is very lightweight, meaning it’s the perfect, lightweight option for backpackers. However, you do need to be careful of the flame height on the sides of the pot. The plastic handle coating will melt and burn off of the handles if you’re not careful, mainly because this is a small pot, so the flames are likely to lick up the sides. Make sure you have your camping stove set to low.
- Compact, lightest option, perfect for hikers and backpackers
- The entire set weighs only 224g
- Only cooks for 1-2
- Not non-stick, better for soups or hot water
- Clamps sometimes are a bit tricky
5. MalloMe Camping Cookware Mess Kit Backpacking Gear & Hiking Outdoors Bug Out Bag Cooking Equipment Cookset
- BUILT TO LAST! BEWARE OF CHEAP KNOCK OFFS! Highest Quality FDA APPROVED Non-Toxic Anodized Aluminum Camping Cookset conducts heat quickly and is survival gear that is built to last and is perfect size for 1 youth scout or adult hiker backpacker. EASY CLEANING & STORAGE: Entire 10 piece mess kit collapes into small bundle for easy control and storage
- BEST MONEY EVER SPENT: The MalloMe 10 Piece Camping Campfire Cookware Mess Kit includes Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Pot (1 Liter Capacity) + Pot Cover + Nonstick Pan + 2 BPA Free Bowls + Folding Stainless Steel Spork + BPA Free Soup Spoon + Wooden Spoon Spatula + Cleaning Sponge + Nylon Travel Bag Drawstring Pouch + Perfect Marshmallow Roasting and Smores Making Guide with 10 Recipes Ebook!
- WORRY FREE WILDERNESS: Finally enjoy the great outdoors without second guessing if you packed everything to cook and serve your next meal with the lightweight, compact, and mobile design of the MalloMe Camp Kitchen Set
- PERFECT GIFT for FAMILY and FRIENDS: #1 Outdoor Cooking Backpacking Gear & Camping Backpack and Hiking Picnic Set for anyone looking for a high quality, great value product for the camping world or bug out bag to enjoy at the cookout with the people you love
This is another great option for a high-quality personal cookware set. And at just under $20, it’s not going to break the bank either. However, the main benefit of this product compared to our last review is the amount of kit that comes with it: 10 pieces altogether! This includes the following: Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Pot (1 Liter Capacity), Pot Cover, Nonstick Pan, 2 BPA Free Bowls, Folding Stainless Steel Spork + BPA Free Soup Spoon + Wooden Spoon Spatula + Cleaning Sponge, Nylon Travel Bag Drawstring easy storage pouch, and an e-book that will teach you how to make the best smores in the world!
Another benefit for his model, especially considering the amount of function you get from the package, is that when all nested and clamped together, it weighs only 1.15 lbs and measures a tiny 6.6 x 6.3 x 3.8 inches. This really is your portable kitchen on the go! This option doesn’t compromise on materials either. It’s made from FDA approved non-toxic anodized aluminum, which conducts heat quickly and evenly, and lasts a long time.
However, as with many of these personal cookware kits, you have to be careful when it’s on the flame. One design flaw is that part of the handles are made from plastic. Because it’s small, use it on low heat, or you risk melting the handles.
- Great value for money, 10 piece camping cookware kit.
- Incredibly compact and ultralight
- Perfect for backpackers
- Nonstick pan
- Plastic handles can melt if you’re not careful, don’t use on a campfire!
- The lid is sometimes a bit tricky to close
6. JeBe Camping Cookware Set
- 【Hight Quality】High Quality Anodized Aluminium Surface ，Adopts anodizing surface treatment, makes surface an anchor and creates aluminium oxide protective film (AL203) as hard as ceramic. EASY-CLEAN & SCRATCH-FREE. 1 mm thick aluminium makes the pot, teapot and frying pan more durable than normal ones.
- 【Non-stick And Anti-Heat Design】They are made of safe and non-toxic hard-anodized aluminum with non-stick coating for easy cleaning.Spiral Bottom features high heat conductivity which provides heat evenly and help to save the energy as well.Add a high-temperature gasket on the lid, lengthen handle to 3.5cm, so you can easily uncover and will not be hot.
- 【Double -Handle And More Stability】Adopt innovative double-handle, extended handle, rebound damping design,handles are erected for a long time, easy to grab, automatic rebound lock. 45° angle is more in line with human mechanics, more stable, anti-rollover, and save effort. 304 stainless steel retaining piece to prevent rust, water leakage and water seepage. Let you have a durable outdoor cooker.
- 【Collapsible And Portable 】Foldable Silicone Handle, Adopt foldable design, All-in-one Package is compact and portable, simple to storage, come with a carrying bag enough to store in backpack, easy to carry. Perfect for camping, hiking, fishing, backpacking, outdoor picnic activities.
This is a slightly more expensive model of solo-cookware, but if you’re a serious outdoors enthusiast, go on many hiking and camping trips alone, and want a product that will really stand the test of time, then this might be the perfect option for you. Made from 1 mm thick aluminum, this material makes the pot, teapot and frying pan more durable than other models. It’s also super easy to clean and is scratch-free, meaning the non-stick coating will last you a long time.
This cookware kit is made from safe and non-toxic hard-anodized aluminum with non-stick coating for easy cleaning. It also boasts a spiral bottom, which features high heat conductivity, providing heat evenly along the underside of the pots and kettle. This not only means your dinner or hot drink will be ready quicker, but it also means that this is a more eco-friendly option, and it’s a more effective use of the heat.
Another benefit of this model is the folding pot handle: you can lengthen handle to 3.5cm. This is not only perfect for storage, but it also means you’re less likely to get your hands too hot as you’re stirring your meal, or that the handles could burn if exposed to the flame, especially on a campfire.
As we have seen these are the main design flaws in the cheaper solo-cookware options. In this set, you will receive a 1×frying pan,1×2.2L big boiling pot, 1×1.4L small boiling pot for boiling water, 1×0.8L kettle, 3x lid, 1x cleaning cloth, and a convenient carrying bag. It all folds into a convenient lockable package, that makes this a very portable and compact option.
- Clever stackable, foldable design
- 4 piece camping cookware set
- Heavy-duty, durable materials
- Under $45
- Compact, good for backpackers
- Quite small, ideal for one person who wants to cook well
- Not much difference in size between two pans
Our top pick of the best camping cookware sets for families is the Odoland 22pcs Camping Cookware Mess Kit. This cookware set is not only really heavy duty, and made from super durable materials, meaning it will last you years. It also has a really chic, elegant design, and is big enough to easily cook for a family or a group of hikers.
Camping gear must always be waterproof, and made of durable materials, ready to withstand any weather condition, or any bashing or scratching that might happen to it in your bag. For backpacking cookware, it’s also necessary that the handles won’t melt when put on heat, and that it has a high thermal conductivity.
This will mean you can cook faster in the great outdoors, and also is more eco-friendly, as it’s a more effective use of the energy. Whichever camping set you decide to go for, make sure all of the materials are top of the market, and your best camping cookware could last you a lifetime of outdoor adventures!
Bonus tip: To help you choose whether stainless steel or titanium is right for you, watch this useful video!