Game and trail cameras are often expensive technical devices, ones which outdoor enthusiasts invest a lot of money in. Because trail cameras are valuable, they might need some protection as you transport them from one point to another. Game cameras are portable devices designed to be set up in a remote location and left there to collect data. While they’re designed to be sturdy enough to withstand the elements once placed, you might want some extra peace of mind while carrying your new camera from your house to your wildlife monitoring spot.
Trail and game cameras are fantastic pieces of technology. They use an infrared motion sensor to detect the movement of wild animals and automatically take photographs and video recordings. This PIR sensor is a delicate piece of technology, so protecting it with an appropriate case is important. The same goes for the IR LED flash which most cameras use for night vision, and the best trail camera may have a wide-angle lens and LCD screen which are both easily damaged. Whether you have a hunting camera or use it for home security; the 1080p video, time-lapse features, and even real-time viewing capabilities are just too useful to risk. That’s why you need a waterproof game camera bag.
In this article, we’ll share the best waterproof game camera bags, to protect your new camping gadget from any bumps and bruises on the trail. It’s important that your carry case is waterproof, as the weather can turn sour at any point on your hike, and the last thing you want to deal with is water damage to your new trail camera. Now let’s jump into the best waterproof game trail camera bags, and how you can use them to improve your wildlife monitoring and photography.
Best Waterproof Game Camera Bags – Overview
1. Horn Hunter Hunting and Trail Camera Case
- Holds 6 cameras in individually padded sleeves
The Horn Hunter trail camera case is perfect for storing, protecting, and transporting your collection of wildlife monitoring equipment. This carry bag has space for a total of 6 trail cameras, with an individually padded sleeve for each device. There’s a handy pocket with a clear window to store your SD cards, so you can easily find and select the right one. We really love this feature, because when you’re out hiking in the wilderness, fiddling with small and easily lost items is annoying, so easy access features like this really set this trail camera bag apart.
The zippered flip-top lid is a great ingress point to the bag, as it allows you to open up and easily view everything inside. In the lid of the bag itself, there is a zipped mesh pocket for keeping things like batteries, tree straps, and tools you may need such as clippers or a small saw. This bag truly has room for everything you need to carry when venturing out to place your stealth cam. The padding all around the bag is closed-cell foam, which gives the fragile electronic devices inside plenty of cushioning from the outside world. As an outdoor product, the Horn Hunter Trail Camera Case has a level of weather resistance and uses features like the zipper flap to help keep water out. It shouldn’t be submerged, but a rainy hike is unlikely to do damage.
The Horn Hunter Hunting and Trail Camera Case has a carry handle and shoulder strap, making it easy and comfortable to transport. This bag is the right size to fit most trail cameras, including popular brands such as Browning, Moultrie, and Wildgame Innovations. We love this camera bag, especially the separate storage compartments for memory cards, however, there are a few areas for improvement. Some users find that the shoulder strap isn’t quite long enough, and additionally, it could be padded so it’s more comfortable to carry. The individual padded compartments for 6 trail cameras aren’t stitched the entire way around, which means smaller parts could come loose and get lost within the bag.
- Individual foam-padded pockets for six separate trail cameras.
- Clear plastic zipped pocket for storing memory cards.
- The flip-top lid provides easy access to see everything inside.
- Mesh pocket for easy storage of extra items, like tree straps.
- Shoulder strap could be longer.
- Shoulder strap could also be padded for more comfort.
2. GetGear Hunting and Scouting Camera Case
- Design for: Campark T70, T45, T40, T30, T20, WiFi, WiFi Bluetooth, also good for, Bushnell Trophy, GardeoPro A3, A3S, E2s, E5, E6; Vikeri; Viture, WOSODA, Meidase SL122
This GetGear Hunting and Scouting Camera Cas is designed for Campark 14 Megapixel 1080P HD cameras. However, the case will fit a range of trail cameras of different big-name brands within the dimensions of 7 x 5 x 4 inches. Unlike the previous trail camera bag, this GetGear case only fits one trail camera. It also has a mesh pocket for extra storage, ideal for cables, SD cards, and other game camera accessories.
This hardshell case has a zipper enclosure and comes with a free carabiner. That’s ideal if you’re low on pack space, so you can clip your trail camera to the outside of your bag. This sturdy trail camera case provides protection to its contents while you travel to your destination. One thing we don’t like about this GetGear game camera bag is that there’s no strap or handle to carry it easily, which could make using it less convenient.
As this case is designed to be carried within a larger bag, you could use a waterproof backpack like the Heeta Dry Bag further down our list. The GetGear Scouting Camera Case is waterproof in itself, so adding this extra layer of protection is perfect if you get caught hiking in bad weather conditions. A feature this camera is missing out on is the extra pockets featured on our previous review, which would be a real improvement to carry extra AA batteries and accessories.
- Waterproof hardshell carry case.
- Designed for Campark trail cameras but will fit many other trail and stealth cams.
- Mesh pocket for SD cards and other extras.
- No outer strap or handle for carrying.
- Lacks extra zipped pockets for extra battery life or your SD card reader.
3. Neewer Waterproof and Shockproof Camera Case
- Durable waterproof nylon exterior(black); ample interior storage(orange)
If you want a multi-functional backpack that can carry your trail camera as well as a range of other items, you should definitely consider the Neewer Waterproof and Shockproof Camera Case. The exterior of the bag is made from durable waterproof nylon, resistant to scuffs and other wear and tear, as well as keeping rain and bad weather conditions at bay. The bag is fully padded with plenty of suctioning to protect your trail cameras and other photography gear.
This waterproof camera bag can fit a whole range of different recording devices, such as GoPro cameras, wireless trail cameras, DSLRs and many more. The interior cushion partitions are attached with velcro, so you can change the layout to fit any trail game camera you might have. However, this might not be secure enough if your equipment is heavy. There are plenty of additional mesh pockets to keep charging cables and memory cards safe, but we’d like to see a zipped pocket added for smaller items like Micro SD Cards.
The bag is lightweight and comfortable to carry and has two additional outer straps where you could attach a tripod, trekking poles, or umbrella. The Neewer Waterproof and Shockproof Camera case is perfect to fit cameras from big names, such as the Bushnell Trophy Cam, an expensive device that you want to protect from damage.
- The durable waterproof nylon material will keep the rain out.
- Fits many different types of photography equipment and wildlife cameras.
- Lightweight backpack with extra straps for larger gear.
- Velcro may not be strong enough to hold heavy cellular trail camera equipment.
- Needs smaller zipped pockets for micro SD cards and other accessories.
4. Caden DSLR Camera Backpack
Another great option to carry your hunting trail camera is the Caden DSLR Camera Backpack. This hunting camera bag makes improvements on our previous review by using extra-strong velcro to attach the thick padded dividers, so you won’t need to worry about your valuable items coming loose along the road. An outer zipper provides quick and easy access to items you might need, such as your smartphone if you’re connecting through WiFi to home security or surveillance camera.
This camera backpacks shell is made from high density 900D waterproof polyester nylon, which is highly weather resistant. However, it doesn’t have an IP66 waterproof rating, which means this hunting trail camera bag isn’t completely watertight. The Caden DSLR backpack can fit a range of game cameras and accessories, popular choices include the Victure trail cameras or the Stealth Cam G42.
When you’re hunting game, camo surveillance cameras are hidden so you can’t spook game. Make sure your trail camera design doesn’t get damaged by bumps along the road with a sturdy camera bag like this one, you can even buy it in the color Army Green from Amazon, so it can match your trail cam. We like this bag as it’s both comfortable and professional-looking, making it a versatile choice. However, some users have found the straps to be quite small, so if you usually need larger bags then they could be uncomfortable.
- Extra strong velcro can keep your trail camera and accessories secure.
- Water-resistant material helps to keep bad weather out.
- It can fit a range of different game cameras.
- Small bag straps might be uncomfortable.
- Not completely waterproof with an IP66 waterproof rating.
5. Heeta Waterproof Dry Bag
- Waterproof - Use professional seamless technology. Our dry bag has the overall waterproof capability, making sure to keep your items and valuables dry when you do some water sports like boating and...
If you need a completely watertight bag to transport your game trail camera, then the Heeta Waterproof Dry Bag could be perfect. As well as keeping water out, this bag is dustproof so no water or dirt will be able to damage your devices. Ideal for taking your trail camera across a range of terrains, you won’t need to worry about water damage to your valuable wildlife-monitoring device.
Made from a durable PVC material, the Heeta Waterproof Dry Bag is hard wearing and should last. However, it doesn’t feature the padding that many other camera bags do, so think carefully about how much it’s likely to get bashed around. If you want to use this bag as a waterproof game camera case, you might need to consider adding additional padding inside, so you benefit from the waterproofing while still protecting from accidental damage.
This waterproof bag has a large shoulder strap, as well as a carry handle for ease of movement. However, it’s missing some smaller storage pockets and zipped compartments that we see on other options, which are especially useful for keeping all your additional accessories organized. The bag is transparent, which is useful to easily see what’s inside, but could also be a downside when it comes to security purposes.
- The waterproof and dustproof bag won’t let anything into damage your gear.
- A large shoulder strap makes this bag easy to carry.
- No zipped or mesh side pockets.
- The clear bag is easy to see through, so there’s no privacy for your valuables.
- May need to provide additional padding to protect fragile parts such as LED lights.
6. Caden Camera Sling Bag with Rain Cover
- 【Large Capacity】Size:12.2*9.45*4.72inches,only 0.68kg(1.50lb).Fits 1 camera+3lens+tripod+other accessories,provided rain cover.Double protection for your camera bag and Photography accessories
Another Caden camera bag that is worth your consideration is the Sling Bag which comes with a handy rain cover. Although it’s designed for use with DSLR cameras, the Caden Camera Sling Bag is still ideal for trail cameras and will fit many different models easily. The bag itself is made from waterproof nylon, and with the addition of a rain cover, this bag is perfect for hiking out to your wildlife monitoring spot in even heavy rain.
Four interior pockets provide storage space for small items such as SD memory cards, while two quick-access outer pockets make this bag highly user-friendly, they’re perfect for keeping batteries and charging cables organized. The bag straps are adjustable in length so you can achieve the perfect fit, and are also padded so you know this bag is comfortable to carry.
One thing we don’t like about this trail game camera bag is that the zips do leave some small gaps, so it’s possible that dust could get inside. Other options also offer more room for a range of cameras and accessories, whereas this bag is likely only appropriate for a single game camera. If that’s all you need, then the Caden Camera Sling Bag is a great option, but otherwise, check out some of the larger bags on our list.
- This waterproof bag with a rain cover will keep bad weather out.
- Additional interior and exterior storage pockets provide lots of organization space.
- Not completely dustproof which could cause damage to your devices.
- Only enough room for a single HD trail camera with limited extras.
7. DSLR Waterproof Sling Camera Bag
- ◆Multi compartments to keep things organized: This camera Sling backpack provides spacious room for handy storage and convenient organization. Inner camera bag size: 9. 4*5. 5*14. 2in, Fits 1 camera...
If you liked the previous waterproof game camera bag, but you think a few improvements could be made, the DSLR Waterproof Sling Camera Bag could be just what you’re looking for. One addition is the detachable chest strap, which you can add as an option to keep your camera even more secure on your hike. The bag is made from scratch-resistant and waterproof nylon to keep your trail camera safe from outside damage, with extra inner padding as well.
A hidden pocket stores a waterproof rain cover, which is easily put into use if heavy rain begins. This way, you can be sure that no bad weather can damage your gear, and your valuable HD video camera will stay safe and try. There’s even room for laptops up to 9.7 inches in this game camera bag, so everything you could need while retrieving wildlife recordings is easily carried.
The only thing we’d change about this bag is the lack of zippered pockets. These secure storage compartments are vital when transporting small items such as micro SD cards, so this sling bag could benefit from a few. There’s also no option to strap your tripod to the outside of this trail camera bag, which other options do offer.
- Waterproof material with additional rain cover makes this bag very weatherproof.
- Comfortable shoulder strap and optional chest strap.
- There’s room for a small laptop which gives this bag great utility.
- No outer straps to attach a tripod or hiking poles.
- Needs more zipped pockets to keep small items safe.
If you’ve invested your hard-earned cash into an expensive game or security camera, complete with a fast trigger speed, huge flash range, and high definition video capabilities, the last thing you want is to damage it on your way out to set up. Using one of these waterproof game camera bags is a great way to easily transport your trail camera and all its accessories to your favorite wildlife monitoring spot, without having to worry about bad weather or external damage.
Our top pick for the best waterproof game camera bag is the Caden DSLR Backpack, made from waterproof 900D polyester. As well as protecting from heavy rain, this well-padded backpack can be adjusted to fit any trail camera, as well as all its accessories. This quality product promises to protect your devices and keep them organized for your journey, so all you have to concentrate on is setting up in the perfect place!
Bonus tip: Check out this video for some advice on where to set up your game camera!